This was truly one of our President’s best speeches. I appreciated his calm, relaxed demeanor. It was fun watching him and my guy Joe Biden smile while John Boehner sat in the background, orange, and upset. Here are my favorite quotes from #SOTU2015
1.”I have no more campaigns to run (applause)…I know…because I won both of them.”
2. “If you truly believe you could work full-time and support a family on less than $15,000 a year, TRY IT!”
3. “IF anything like that comes across my desk, I will VETO it!”
4. “Surely we can agree that the right to vote is sacred?”
5. “When what you’re doing for 50 years doesn’t work, it’s time to try something new.”
6. “We may have different takes on Ferguson. But surely we can understand a father who fears his son can’t walk home without being harassed?”
7. “I’m not a scientist. But I know a lot of very good scientists; at NASA.” (Re: Denial of Climate change)
8. “Good luck Captain. Make sure you Instagram it.”
9. “If you want to see the job gets done, and done right: Hire a veteran.”
10.”This is good news people.” (To the smug, tight faced, non clapping Republicans)
But on to more important things…get into our First Lady and her fashions!
BOW DOWN B*tches!